Expand international trademark
To solve the problem of foreign trademark search agencies difficult pain points, for the agency to expand international trademark business, provide efficient and convenient trademark search tools.
Build an international brand
It is helpful for enterprises to enter the international market, grasp the dynamics of international trademark in advance, do a good job in the preparation of international trademark registration, build international brand and highlight the competitiveness of enterprises.
Through the overseas trademark inquiry, the inquiry own brand approximate mark, the prompt understanding overseas trademark dynamics, the guard viciously steals the note, the good brand protection.
Avoid trademark infringement
Before registration, make a similar inquiry of overseas trademarks to avoid similar infringement of registered marks and overseas existing trademarks and unnecessary international disputes.
Who can apply for the registration of Hong Kong trademarks?
Legal persons and individuals in the name of a company can apply for a trademark, but they need to be over 18 years old to apply for a trademark in the name of an individual.
What materials are needed for the registration of Hong Kong trademarks?
1. A power of attorney for trademark registration (which must be signed or sealed by the principal) (in the case of registration with an agent company);
2. Individual application: 1 copy of the applicant's identity card or passport;
3. Company application:1 copy of business license with official seal;
4. One sample of the logo or text applied for a trademark;
5. Register the category of the trademark;
6. The applicant provides a declaration of the true use of the trademark in business (actual use).
What is the process of trademark application in Hong Kong?
1. Query: Query whether the registered trademarks have similar trademarks or have been registered;
2. Fill in the Trademark Registration Application Form and submit to the Trademark Registry of the Hong Kong Intellectual Property Office the official pattern, name and certificate of applicant's qualification for trademark registration;
3. The Trademark Registry shall examine the application for a trademark for a period of about one week;
4. After the examination of the trademark application, the Trademark Registry will give the applicant a notice of acceptance of the receipt for 2 weeks;
5. The Trademark Registry shall conduct internal examination of the accepted trademarks. If the results of the examination are passed, the applicant will be informed, and the applicant's trademark application number and date will be given;
6. After the approval of the trademark examination, it will enter the period of trademark announcement and objection, the period of objection is 3 months. During this period, anyone can raise objection to the trademark registry. If there is no objection or the objection raised is invalid, the objection period of the trademark announcement can be passed smoothly;
7. The Trademark Registry will grant the applicant a trademark registration certificate and record the trademark in the record file;
8. If there are no shortcomings in the application and no objections to the proposed trademark, the whole procedure (from the application received by the Trademark Registry to the approval of the trademark registration) may be as short as six months.
When will the Hong Kong Trademark Notice be issued?
The Hong Kong Intellectual Property Bulletin is usually issued on Friday (including a Black Rainstorm Warning or a Strong Wind Warning). If Friday is a public holiday, it will be announced one working day in advance.
How long is the duration of trademark objection in Hong Kong?
1. After the approval of trademark examination, it will enter the period of trademark announcement and objection. The period of objection is 3 months. During this period, anyone can raise objection to the trademark registry. If there is no objection or the objection raised is invalid, then the objection period of the trademark announcement can be passed smoothly;
2. Official objection: If the application does not meet the registration requirements, the Trademark Registry will raise an objection. The applicant must reach the relevant regulations within six months. This period can be extended by three months;
3. Third party objection: Anyone can read your trademark in the Hong Kong Intellectual Property Bulletin and object to your application for registration. An objector shall submit a notice of objection within three months from the date of publication of the registration application.